Comparative Analysis of Industry and Scholarly Articles in Hospitality and Tourism
To analyze and compare one industry article and one scholarly article focusing on the same or similar topics in the field of hospitality and tourism.
- Choose one industry article from a reputable source such as a trade magazine or industry report.
- Choose one scholarly article from a peer-reviewed journal related to hospitality and tourism.
- Submission via Canvas.
- Maximum 2 pages (excluding references), single-spaced, 1-inch margins.
- Both articles should be listed in a separate page in APA style. (APA style information: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/general_format.html)
- Section 1: Article Summaries (1/2 page)
- Article Titles: List the titles of both the industry and scholarly articles.
- Brief Summary: Summarize each article in 2-3 sentences, highlighting the core focus of each piece.
- Section 2: Comparative Analysis (1/2 page)
- Topic Similarity: Briefly describe how the topics of the two articles are the same or similar.
- Audience and Purpose: Explain the intended audience and purpose of each article.
- Section 3: Evaluation (1/2 page)
- For each article, evaluate them using the 8 C’s:
- Clarity: Is the expression of ideas clear and easy to understand?
- Coherence: Does the article maintain a logical flow and consistency in its arguments?
- Comprehensiveness: Does the article cover the topic thoroughly and address all relevant aspects?
- Cogency: How persuasive and strong are the arguments presented?
- Currency: How timely and relevant is the information?
- Credibility: How trustworthy and authentic is the source and content?
- Creativity: Does the article offer original and innovative perspectives or solutions?
- Contribution: What value or new insights does the article bring to its field?
- Section 4: Conclusion (1/2 page)
- Final Thoughts: Sum up your overall impressions and suggest which article you found more beneficial and why.