Course Assessment Organizational Leadership
Organizational Leadership (UU-MAN-3000)
Course Assessment Point- Final Assignment: 60 per cent of module marks
- This is an individual assignment, no group work or collaboration is
- Ground your answer in relevant
- Plagiarism and reproduction of someone else’s work as your own will be
- Make use of references where appropriate; -Use APA referencing
- Weight- 60%
- Word count guidance: 3000 words +/- 10%. This does not include the reference list and any appendices the assignment may
- The assessment must be submitted electronically via ‘Turnitin’.
- Learning outcomes as indicated on the module outline: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
- Feedback will be available within twenty working
Acts as a Leader Scenario:
Laurent Ltd is an online portfolio platform in which invests on tea and coffee. Laurent’s major objective is to maximize its profit. However, the directors of Laurent Ltd have recently noticed that there were some instances of conflicts and contradictory issues in the online portfolio platform.
Managers have become very conscious about these instances since the company has lost a lot of money. Subsequently, investors are not satisfied with the overall behaviour of the employees and they are moving to other institutions; which is reducing the relative market share and market growth of the company. The investment values of tea and coffee have fallen significantly from the star phase 40% of the relative market share to the dog phase with a 10% of the relative market share.
Your task is to indicate how instances of conflict and stress management affect organizational leadership and how can this issue be dealt within an organization, as well as provide the applicable steps and strategies that will prevent this from happening in the future. The objective of your analysis is to help the long term growth of the organization and increase its market share.
Additionally, you must state which is the most beneficial and safe phase according to BCG matrix the company should be. You must justify your answer with related literature and provide an example of a leader in the contemporary world that has gone through this experience in real life and relate it to your hypothetical position.
Students will decide on the appropriate structure and content but we would expect to see the following elements:
- Introduction: setting the context and structure, addressing the question, the approach to answering the question.
- Main body of the assignment: Essay content, analysis and review of literature. All the elements that are included in the assignment must be adequately analysed and supported with material that is properly cited, paraphrased and referenced from a wide variety of external sources. You may wish to use visual representations and other analytical tools such as charts/graphs to assist you to validate your argument.
Not that: you need to consider what to include in the main body of your report and what to include in the appendices as be as creative as possible. Essential information must be included in the main body of the report and will be counted in the word count. Extra illustrative information may be included in the appendices.
- Conclusion: bring together your main points; address the main question and adequately summarize the findings of your
- Referencing List
|Presentation (General Presentation and APA reference system)||10|
|Essay content, review of literature, critical analysis and evaluation||50|
|Essay structure and organization||30|
|Language clarity and accuracy||10|