Develop team problem-solving procedures
Develop team problem-solving procedures
MT340: Unit 8 Assignment
Details and Rubric
This Assignment assesses the following Course Outcome:
MT340-4: Develop team problem-solving procedures.
Read the scenario and then address the checklist items in a thorough manner in a persuasive essay in your own words.
Scenario: You are the designated team leader in charge of heading a committee to address a problem concerning the annual holiday festival to be held on December 15th. The town (population 70,000) wants to have this annual celebration like it does every year. But this year the town is short of funds and the mayor has asked your 6-member committee (including yourself), to come up with a plan of action for implementation. It is now September 10th. None of the committee members have ever worked on this celebration and are new to the town. Two members are retirees and 3 members work full-time in the nearby city and commute by train every day. Each of the employed members has children of various ages. None of the members know each other.
Checklist: Based on the scenario:
- Develop a systematic process for solving the group problem that you would recommend to the team. Explain why this type of approach generally works best.
- Explain how to identify the problem. Explain why it is important to get the discussion question right, and what are some guidelines for doing so.
- Determine some of the characteristics of problems. Identify some specific techniques or modifications that you would make to the basic problem-solving process to accommodate the specific situation.
- Report the tools that can assist with the group problem-solving, including group support systems. Explain how to use P-MOPS.
Make sure your essay includes the following.
- Introduce your topic.
- Respond to the checklist items in this Assignment and provide support for your responses as appropriate.
- Provide a conclusion.
- Write your paper in a clear and articulate manner using Standard English.
- Ensure it is well-organized, logical, and unified, and that your work is original and insightful.
- Use APA formatting and citation style for your paper.
- Respond in a 2–3-page paper with a separate title and reference page.
- Provide at least two quality references in addition to the textbook, for a total of at least three.
Submit your Assignment to the Unit 8 Assignment Dropbox. Submit by Tuesday 11:59 Eastern Time.
Scroll down to view the rubric.
|Unit 8 Assignment Grading Rubric||Points||Points|
|Content and Analysis:|
|· Develop a systematic process for solving the group||10|
|problem that you would recommend to the team. Explain|
|why this type of approach generally works best.|
|· Explain how to identify the problem. Explain why it is||10|
|important to get the discussion question right, and some|
|guidelines for doing so.|
|· Determine some of the characteristics of problems. Identify||10|
|some specific techniques or modifications that should be|
|made to the basic problem-solving process to|
|accommodate the specific situation.|
|· Report some tools that can assist with the group problem-||10|
|solving, including group support systems. Explain how to|
|Writing and Mechanics:|
|Make sure your persuasive essay expresses a clear purpose|
|and point of view.|
|● Introduce your topic.||40|
|● Respond to the checklist items and questions in this|
|Assignment providing support or evidence for your|
|point of view or argument you are trying to make.|
|● Provide a conclusion with a summary of your|
|recommendations and actions to take.|
|● Respond in a 2–3-page paper with a separate title|
|and reference page.|
|● Write your essay in a clear and articulate manner|
|using Standard English.|
|● Ensure it is well-organized, logical, and unified, and that|
|your work is original and insightful.|
|● Use APA formatting and proper citationof|
|references where applicable.|
|Total Assignment Score:||Total||Total Points|