Dietary assessment | Nursing
Find a dietary assessment tool that can be used either generally or for a specific alteration in health.
When you have found your assessment tool, answer the following questions:
- What is the purpose of this tool?
- Do you believe that the purpose is fulfilled based on the questions being asked? Why?
- In what ways does the tool account for the individual perceptions and needs of the client?
- Is there a nutritional history included? What does it cover?
- Is the tool easy to use? Why or why not?
- Does the tool provide enough information to determine next steps or interventions? Explain.
The writing assignment should be no more than 2 pages and APA Editorial Format must be used for citations and references used. Attach a copy of the assessment tool
Dao, M. C., Subar, A. F., Warthon-Medina, M., Cade, J. E., Burrows, T., Golley, R. K., … & Holmes, B. A. (2019). Dietary assessment toolkits: an overview. Public health nutrition, 22(3), 404-418.
Thompson, F. E., & Byers, T. (1994). Dietary assessment resource manual. The Journal of nutrition, 124(suppl_11), 2245s-2317s.