Domestic violence questions
Domestic violence questions | Psychology
Many of these questions can be answered using material from the textbook, but conduct Internet searches to deepen your understanding of the issues.
- What are the risk factors for domestic violence?
- For each of the risk factors, you listed, provide one idea of how that risk factor could be decreased or prevented.
- What are the physical needs of victims of domestic violence?
- What are the psychological needs of victims of domestic violence?
- What are the barriers that prevent victims of domestic violence from seeking help?
- Brainstorm a prevention program that could help prevent domestic violence from starting in the first place.
- Brainstorm an intervention program that could help prevent further instances of domestic violence in a family once abuse has already occurred (again, take into consideration what you have written on the previous page).
- Finally, is it possible to blend your prevention and intervention ideas into one comprehensive program that addresses the problem of domestic violence?
Mahapatro, M., Gupta, R. N., & Gupta, V. (2012). The risk factor of domestic violence in India. Indian journal of community medicine: official publication of Indian Association of Preventive & Social Medicine, 37(3), 153.
Dutton, D. G., & White, K. R. (2013). Male victims of domestic violence. New male studies: An international journal, 2(1), 5-17.