E-cigarettes: analysing a public health policy
For this assignment, you have been asked by the Australian Health Minister to determine if a public health policy for e-cigarettes is required. The Minister specifically wants you to make a recommendation on whether e-cigarettes should be banned in Australia.
This essay should be approximately 3000 words.
Assignment 4: E-cigarettes: analysing a public health policy
E-cigarettes are devices that make vapour for smoking. They are often marketed as a way to quit smoking. Despite their growing popularity, little is known about the chemicals they may contain or their health effects. Perceptions of potential risks and benefits of e-cigarette use vary widely among the public, users of e-cigarettes, health care providers, and the public health community.
For this assignment you have been asked by the Australian Health Minister to determine if a public health policy for e-cigarettes is required. The Minister specifically wants you to make a recommendation on whether e-cigarettes should be banned in Australia. To do this you will need to complete the following steps.
1. Outline the public health concerns associated with e-cigarettes
• What are the public health concerns re e-cigarettes that have been identified both in Australia and internationally?
• What is the extent of e-cigarette usage in Australia?
• Describe some of the health outcomes that have been associated with smoking e-cigarettes?
• Who does it affect? Is there a population that is most affected in terms of using e-cigarettes?
• What is the strength of the evidence that you have identified around the health impacts of e-cigarettes?
2. Describe the main stakeholders who would have an interest in a policy on e-cigarettes and why
• Who are the stakeholders? Consider the range of stakeholders, who may not all be from the health sector
• What would be the perspective of each of these stakeholders on e-cigarettes?
3. Make a recommendation on which would be the best policy option, including the reason you have selected this option
• Make a case for one policy option
• What evidence supports your recommended option?
• What alternative policy options did you consider?
In completing the assignment
• you should use sub-headings
• you can use graphs and tables -these are not included in the word count
• use appropriate referencing which is based on either the Vancouver referencing template or the APA referencing template.
National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) statement on e-cigarettes
Australian Government’s guiding principles for e-cigarettes
CSIRO literature review into the use and health impacts of e-cigarettes and personal vaporisers
Annual update of Public Health England’s e-cigarette evidence review by leading independent tobacco experts. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vaping-in-england-evidence-update-march-2020
Surgeon General’s Advisory on E-cigarette Use Among Youth. https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/e-cigarettes/surgeon-general-advisory/index.html
Greetings! Our Healthcare Experts have done this assignment in the past. They will provide you with a fresh solution within your preferred deadline. Be assured of high quality, plagiarism-free (with free Turnitin report), and well-formatted paper worthy of the highest distinction.