Global supply chain management
Global supply chain management: 250 WORDS
There has been in a push in many communities to source locally. Identify the risks and benefits of sourcing globally versus locally.
International Banking: 250 Words
Please read the article https://smallpdf.com/shared#st=f8e265a6-b538-462d-ada1-a49c95329edd&fn=Article.docx&ct=1622712160633&tl=share-document&rf=link and respond to the questions below:
Do you agree with the authors’ views? What did you learn from this? Does that give you hope or scare you? What do you think is the solution to this problem?
English: 250 Words
- In his short essay, “How to Write a Literary Journalistic Essay,” Dave Hood provides a number of tips for people (like you) who are going to be writing a work of Literary Journalism. Describe some of the tips he gives that are seen in Rachel Kaadzi Ghansah’s “A Most American Terrorist.” That is, what makes Gaansah’s essay an exemplary work of literary journalism?
- In the lecture next week, I mentioned that Ghansah’s essay attempts to find the reason/s behind the evil actions of Dylann Roof. In your own words, what are the answers that Ghansah comes up with? Do you find them convincing?
Addiction and Obsession: 350 Words
human brains are hard-wired to become addicted to pleasurable things.
- Read the attached National Geographic article on the science of “getting hooked”:
Then connect what you’ve just learned about brain and addiction to marijuana.
As some of you may or may not know, New York State (NYS) has recently legalized recreational marijuana for adult consumption.
Prior to legalizing, NYS carried out the following study on what the state views as the potential impact of regulation (on health, incarceration, society, etc).
- Read pages 1-10 of “Assessment of potential impact of regulated marijuana in NY State”:
- Then read here to learn WHY the state ultimately decided to legalize, and what some of the interesting racial equity reasons and initiatives are:
If you can’t open the NY Times article, read this ABC News article instead: https://abcnews.go.com/US/york-legalizes-recreational-marijuana-expunges-pot-convictions/story?id=76775175 (Links to an external site.)
Then write a 350-word top-level post that responds to the following questions in ESSAY format:
- Using the Monkey On Your Backarticle, and all the field trip resources, powerpoint, and eText, explain how addiction works in the brain IN YOUR OWN WORDS so I can see that you understand it. DO NOT JUST GOOGLE OR PASTE THIS ANSWER!
- Then explain how the Monkey On Your Back article relates to your own life!
- Then connect this discussion to recreational marijuana legalization. What are thepotential health impacts of regulated/legalized marijuana that are cited in the above NYS study?
- What are the racial justice / racial equity reasons for legalizing marijuana? (What will the new policy do to address the history of racial injustice that has resulted from the contemporary Drug War?)
- How do you think addiction (in general) will be impacted by regulated marijuana? (in both potentially positive and/or negative ways)
- Considering what you now know about the brain, body and addiction, what are your thoughts on legalization of recreational marijuana in New York State?
- REMEMBER: If you copy ANY DIRECT WORDS from the articles, you MUST MUST MUST put ALL OF THEM in quotation marks, and then add an in-text citation in parenthesis at the end of the sentence that looks like this, with the proper page number: (National Geographic, 2014, p. ??) or (New York State Department of Health, 2018, p.??).