Going International Video Exercise
- Improve understanding of cultural influences in business situations.
- Improve observation and writing skills.
Keys to Success:
- Read Chapter 2, Cross-Cultural Business including Bottom-Line for Business, and make notes of key concepts you can use to answer the questions below.
- Review the PowerPoints and listen to the lecture and make notes of key concepts you can use to answer the questions below.
- As you watch the video, jot down notes related to the questions on this sheet.
- Font: 12-point Times New Roman, double-spaced throughout.
- Format: Restate question and then type your answer.
- Length: 2-4 pages.
- Grammar and Coherence: Your writing must be error-free, intelligible, and on-topic. Please carefully proofread your work.
- Demonstrate that you thoroughly understand the lecture and the chapter. No additional research is required.
View Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiByvrwSieg
- Describe at least four problems that “foreigners” (US managers) experienced in different cultures.
- What cultural differences may have caused these problems? (i.e. high versus low context, manager versus subordinate expectations). Include concepts from the Hofstede framework here.
- What lessons regarding managing cultural differences can be learned from the video, the chapter and the lecture?
WE CAN HELP YOU COMPLETE THESE ASSIGNMENTS[/su_button