Training and Development Review
Post a rewritten version of your topic and objectives for your training and development plan (originally submitted for the Week 2 Two Exercise).
Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts. Offer a peer critique for two classmates other than those you selected in Week Two. Include suggestions for improvement, questions you may have, ideas for sources, and so forth. The critique should be 200 to 250 words and include citations and references for the text and at least one scholarly source.
Enhancing employees’ knowledge through training and development is crucial in today’s marketplace. Employees who receive training will improve their skills, gain knowledge, and perform their daily work more effectively and efficiently. In turn, those employees tend to stay engaged, remain motivated, improve performance, and help the organization stay competitive.
However, the implementation of the proper strategy for employee learning is a challenge for most organizations. In the majority of organizations there is a diversity of learners, and different employees learn better through different learning styles. Such leaning styles need to be taken into consideration when planning a training program.
Go to ThoughtCO. and take the Learning Style Quiz (Links to an external site.). (This is the quiz you took in the Week 1 Post Your Introduction discussion.)
Post your quiz results and discuss your learning style. Additionally, address the following implications of knowing a person’s learning style:
- What type of training most appeals to people with a similar learning style to you?
- What methods of instruction work best with your learning style group?
- What method of instruction is a challenge for this learning style group?
To Plan, Design, Deliver, and Evaluate an Original Training Program
Assess the Draft Training Proposal and peer feedback you received in Week Two, and finalize the topic and objectives for your training program. In a 20- to 25-slide PowerPoint presentation, not including the title and references slides:
- Conduct a needs assessment for your proposed training program. This should include both a person and a task analysis.
- Develop SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely) training objectives based on the needs assessment and any assumptions you may need to make.
- Create an original, detailed training proposal. This should include:
- A title and description of the program.
- A discussion of training methods to be used, and a rationale (justification) for using them, based on training theory.
- Proposed instructors and the reason for using them.
- A tentative training outline.
- A tentative list and description of training materials needed.
- Develop a plan for evaluation of training effectiveness including both short-term and long-term evaluation where appropriate.
For all course-related discussions, assignments, requests for professional help, and inquiries concerning Inforwriters policies, terms, and priorities, please contact the management using the contact information provided below:
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
WhatsApp us: +1 (573) 250-3202
Live Online Chat
Please note: We deploy all efforts to protect the private nature of your personal information. All information that you’ll provide will only be used by Inforwriters staff for the purposes defined at the time of the collection or a use that complies with these purposes. We do not share your information with any third parties.