Human Resource Management: Business Report
- The assignment is to submit a business report in response to a scenario/case study. Although based on MAJID AL FUTTAIM (MAF) there is no need for you to contact anybody within the organisation as you are applying what you have learnt on the module to this organisation and an in depth knowledge is not necessary, so don’t waste too many words describing what they already do. You must however, take into account the current business environment and the nature of what they do.
- You are only required to upload an electronic copy of your report onto Minerva by the assignment deadline.
- The word count is 2,500 words, plus/minus 10% and excluding the executive summary, contents, references page and appendices.
- There are some guidelines written with the assignment itself, but it is very important that you also refer to pages 9-10 of your Module Handbook for the assessment criteria.
- Please refer to your first assignment, which followed a similar format for feedback to help improve your mark from last time.
CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER
Imagine that you have graduated and that you have already gained your Business & Management degree. You are working for Majid Al Futtaim Group in their headquarters in Dubai on Tower 1, 10th Floor, City Centre Deira Complex as a graduate trainee in the HR Department, and you report to a HR Manager for the UAE only.
Majid Al Futtaim is an Emirati holding company based in Dubai, that as of 2015 owned and operated shopping malls, retail, and leisure establishments in the Middle East and North Africa, with operations in 15 countries . The group was established by Majid Al Futtaim in 1992. Majid Al Futtaim manages three major operating subsidiaries: Majid Al Futtaim Properties, Majid Al Futtaim Retail, and Majid Al Futtaim Ventures. As of 2020 the holding company worked in 15 countries: UAE, Lebanon, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Jordan, Pakistan, Iraq, Armenia, and Georgia. Majid Al Futtaim Group employ more than 42,000 employees in 15 locations and carrying out many different roles including traders, scientists and engineers (MAF, 2020).
As part of your induction period you have to complete a number of reports, presentations and small projects.
Here’s a copy of the email your boss, Mouien Al Madhoun has sent you which outlines your first assignment:
As part of your induction, I’d like you to write a report for me so that I can hear your ideas regarding HR practice and policies. I’m specifically interested to hear your recommendations for Majid Al Futtaim Group in the following areas:
- Training, Learning and Development
- Employee Relations
I’d like you to write about the areas that interest you the most so you have a free rein to come up with recommendations for all or just one or two of the above three areas. Here’s some advice:
- As you know, individual HR practices (training, learning and development, reward or employee relations) do not exist in isolation. Please think about what the overall purpose of HR is and the whole approach to HR.
- Please give the reasons for choosing your recommendations, consider the potential drawbacks and how we should minimise them.
- I am very interested to hear about theoretical concepts. Make sure you back up your statements and ideas with evidence such as authors’ opinions, research, statistics, and examples of what other real life organisations do. Please use the Harvard Referencing system so that I can look up any references that you use.
- The aim of this report is to see where you are in terms of your understanding and knowledge of HR theories and practices and to see if you can apply these to our business. If it is good enough, it could be influential in our decision-making. Please make sure that your report is presented as a professional business report.