INTEGRATING MANAGEMENT – BUSINESS IN CONTEXT
Responsible management has been a buzz word for your industry in the last year or two. Your CEO has tasked you to help the business deal with this new development as she is concerned that the corporation might be falling behind. In your conversation with her, the CEO says she wants to know the following answers from your work:
- “How is responsible management commonly defined?”
- “What are the different responsible management challenges that our
organisation faces? Give me an overview of the environmental, social and ethical challenges we face as a company.”
- “Which one is the greatest of these challenges? Give me some more details, and then recommend how we could meet this challenge.”
- “Which of our corporate functions or divisions would be best placed to meet this challenge and why?”
She thanks you and you set out to tackle this important task.
Instruction: You must refer to your assigned case company for this question. For the fourth point you may include any one of the corporate functions as covered on the course.
Carroll, A. B., Adler, N. J., Mintzberg, H., Cooren, F., Suddaby, R., Freeman, R. E., & Laasch, O. (2020). What are responsible management? A conceptual potluck. In Research Handbook of Responsible Management. Edward Elgar Publishing.
Van der Byl, C., Slawinski, N., & Hahn, T. (2020). Responsible management of sustainability tensions: A paradoxical approach to grand challenges. In Research Handbook of Responsible Management. Edward Elgar Publishing.
2. Select one of the following corporate functions as covered on the course and discuss critically how relevant and important it is for managing organisations responsibly, their context and the specific social, environmental or ethical challenges they face.
- Strategic management, or
- Accounting/controlling, or
- Human resource management, or
- Operations and supply chain management
In the discussion of your chosen corporate function, provide a definition of responsible management, and refer to specific challenges’ companies may face in managing responsibly.
Instruction: Although you may refer to your allocated case company for this question, you are encouraged to include any other relevant examples of companies and how they address the specific social, environmental or ethical challenges they face through your chosen corporate function for responsible management.
For all course-related discussions, assignments, requests for professional help, and inquiries concerning Inforwriters policies, terms, and priorities, please contact the management using the contact information provided below:
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
WhatsApp us: +1 (573) 250-3202
Live Online Chat
Please note: We deploy all efforts to protect the private nature of your personal information. All information that you’ll provide will only be used by Inforwriters staff for the purposes defined at the time of the collection or a use that complies with these purposes. We do not share your information with any third parties.