Intercultural Communication and Negotiation SkillsBy Support
Intercultural Communication and Negotiation Skills
Instructions for Assessment 1
|Assessment item No.:||1|
|Assessment name:||Case analysis|
|Description:||You need to analyse the assigned case in the context of cultural differences. This includes identifying intercultural communication problems and relating them to theories/models covered in lectures. Based on existing literature, provide recommendations on how these problems can be overcome.|
|Length / Duration:||1500 words ±10%|
|Formative or Summative:||Formative and Summative|
|Relates to learning outcomes:||Unit objectives: 1, 2, 5 and AOL goals: KS (1.1), HO (2.1; 2.2), PC (3.1)|
|Internal / External:||Internal|
|Individual / Group:||Individual|
|Week 5: Friday 27 March 2020, 11:59 pm|
Upload a Word file on Blackboard under the Assessment link.
- Cover Page
- Title of assessment
- Your name and student ID
- Tutor’s Name
- Word count
- Very briefly identify the purpose of the report and its subject
- Identification of Problems/Issues
- Identify ALL issues/problems related to culture and communication. Categorise them into intercultural issues, intercultural verbal communication issues, and intercultural nonverbal communication issues. Demonstrate understanding of those issues through citing appropriate sources.
- Literature Review
- Select a model/framework covered in lectures (slides available on Blackboard under Assessment). Briefly justify suitability of the culture/communication model or frameworks chosen. Critically review the culture/communication model or framework using a wide range of literature. This means briefly describe it, note its strengths and weaknesses, and then briefly conclude the review.
- Case Analysis
- Explain ONLY FIVE issues/problems (identified in the Identification of Problems/Issues section) using the model or framework reviewed in the Literature Review section and/or any other models or frameworks or concepts covered in lectures.
- Based on the case analysis, provide recommendations on how the problems/issues could be resolved/avoided. Prioritise and justify the recommendations.
- QUT APA6 for all referencing. Refer to CITE WRITE on the library website for details. We expect you to use a RANGE of references (e.g., books, journals, industry magazines and newspapers). Please only include references for material that you have USED in the report – not material that you have simply read.
- Use headings and subheadings
- Write in formal language. Avoid first and second person pronouns (e.g. I, we and you). Use the 3rd person – “It is suggested…” – to create a sense of emotional detachment and impartiality.
- Ensure that you use non-discriminatory, inclusive language
- Number all pages
- Ensure that the in-text references and the references list at the end of the report use the QUT APA6 Referencing Style
- DO NOT include table of contents, tables, and appendices
- The word limit is 1500 words – in this unit the convention is that 10% over the limit is acceptable. If you exceed this limit, a 10% penalty on the assignment’s overall mark will be applied. Reports that do not include a word count on the cover will be assumed to be over the limit and receive a 10% penalty. All words (excluding the title page and references list) are included in the word count.
Greetings! Our Business Experts have completed this assignment in the past. They will provide you with a fresh solution to this question within your preferred deadline. Be assured of high quality, plagiarism free (with free Turnitin report), and well formatted paper worthy of the highest distinction.