Introduction to Health Services
Review Questions- please answer all questions in complete sentences. Make sure to add your name to the assignment
CHAPTER 1: Understanding Health Systems: The Organization of Health Care in the United States
- Describe the major trends in the evolution of health care services in the United States over the past 100 years.
- How has the role of government changed in the U.S. health care system, and what future trends in government involvement do you anticipate?
- Describe the differences in health care systems for the middle class, the poor, and the military.
- How is health affected by behaviors, economics, and social structure?
- Describe your view of the role of health care services in the nation’s success and survival as a coherent democracy.
CHAPTER 2: Technology in the U.S. Health Care System
- List the different classifications of health care technology (by industrial group).
- Why it is important to understand that medical technology is a collection of very specific subgroupings?
- Briefly describe the stages of medical technology development.
- Describe the four phases of clinical testing in humans.
- Discuss the technological assessment process carried out by health insurance plans.
- How has medical technology affected clinicians and organizations?
CLICK HERE TO ORDER A SOLUTION FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT
Shi, L., & Singh, D. A. (2022). Essentials of the US health care system. Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Dieleman, J. L., Cao, J., Chapin, A., Chen, C., Li, Z., Liu, A., … & Murray, C. J. (2020). US health care spending by payer and health condition, 1996-2016. Jama, 323(9), 863-884.
Mitchell, M., & Kan, L. (2019). Digital technology and the future of health systems. Health Systems & Reform, 5(2), 113-120.
Ahmadi, H., Arji, G., Shahmoradi, L., Safdari, R., Nilashi, M., & Alizadeh, M. (2019). The application of internet of things in healthcare: a systematic literature review and classification. Universal Access in the Information Society, 18(4), 837-869.
Asan, O., Bayrak, A. E., & Choudhury, A. (2020). Artificial intelligence and human trust in healthcare: focus on clinicians. Journal of medical Internet research, 22(6), e15154.