LEB- March’20-Leading Organisation-Assignment
LEB- March’20-Leading Organisation-Assignment
You have been promoted to the position of Chief Executive Officer for a large company recently. Although established for more than 20 years, the company is now confronted with stiff competition and rapid technological changes in the industry where the company is operating. You have been tasked by the Board of Directors of the company with the mandate of spearheading change initiatives to improve the competitiveness, market share and profitability of your organisation.
- Identify key changes which are imperative and what change model or models you will need to employ to manage change successfully.
- Provide clearly what is the vision for change and its tangible end outcomes or deliverables which must be aligned to the organisation’s vision, mission and corporate goals and core values.
- Analyse the gap between the future and the present in order to deal with the barriers to successfully achieve the required change effectively.
- Pinpoint the key stakeholders in the change initiatives and what steps or strategies will you use in securing buy in and building their commitment and engagement.
You should use the web, media, books and journals, library and other resources to write the assignment in a Management Report format. Where applicable and relevant, you are also encouraged to conduct fieldwork and interviews of the organization or individuals to collect relevant information for your report.
Instructions for the Management Report:
Your report (not exceeding 4000 words) should incorporate the following:
Executive Summary (5%)
200-300 words, not to be included in the word count.
You should clearly identify the selected organisational change initiatives to be investigated and providing the background as to why it was introduced (its objectives), the nature or types of change involved.
Main Body (65%)
You should identify suitable theories, frameworks or models to use in the report and be organised under appropriate sub-headings on the 4 major tasks listed as follows:
- a) Identify the key changes and what change model or models you will need to employ to manage change successfully. ( 15 Marks)
- Provide clearly on what is the vision for change and its tangible end outcomes or deliverables which must be aligned to the organisation’s vision, mission and corporate goals and core values. (15 marks)
- c) Analyse the gap between the future and the present in order to deal with the barriers
to successfully bring out the required change effectively. ( 15 Marks)
- Identify the key stakeholders in the change initiative and what steps or strategies will you use in securing buy in and building their commitment and engagement.
( 20 Marks)
Recommendations and Conclusion (10%)
Direct the end of your report to the Chairman of the Board of Directors to convince the Board of your findings and recommendations.
WE ARE HAPPY TO SERVE YOU
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER
Citations and References ( 10%)
Harvard-style reference system with in-text and end text referencing list. Have a minimum of 12 references.
- Font Style: Times New Roman & Font Size: 12 for content, 14 for sub-sections and 16 for main sections
- Line Spacing: 1.5
- Page Layout/Orientation: Portrait
- All the margins should be set about 25mm on both sides (i.e. left & right) of each page and justified.
- Numerical Systems (e.g 1.0, 1.1 and 1.1.1) should be used for each section and sub-section.
- Word count must be indicated on the cover page of the assignment.
- Your word count should not include references / bibliography.
- Exceeding the word count by more than 10% would result in a penalty of 10% of your marks.
- If your work is significantly shorter than the required length, you would probably be failed for not providing the level of information required.
Assessment Grading Criteria
|Distinction||70-100||As for “60-69 marks” band plus the following:|
|Shows clear evidence of wide and relevant reading and an|
|engagement with the conceptual issues. Develops a|
|sophisticated and intelligent argument. Shows a rigorous use and|
|a sophisticated understanding of relevant source materials,|
|balancing appropriately between factual detail and key|
|theoretical issues. Materials are evaluated directly and their|
|assumptions and arguments challenged and/or appraised.|
|Shows original thinking and a willingness to take risks.|
|Commendation||60-69||Shows strong evidence of critical insight and critical thinking.|
|Shows a detailed understanding of the major factual and/or|
|theoretical issues and directly engages with the relevant|
|literature on the question set. Develops a focussed and clear|
|argument and articulates clearly and convincingly with a|
|sustained train of logical thought. Shows clear evidence of|
|Pass||50-59||Shows a reasonable understanding of the major factual and/or|
|theoretical issues involved. Shows evidence of planning and|
|selection||from relevant||sources.||Demonstrates some|
|knowledge of the relevant literature. Text shows, in places,|
|examples of a clear train of thought or argument. Text is|
|introduced and concludes appropriately.|
|Marginal Fail||40-49||Shows some awareness and understanding of the factual or|
|Misunderstandings are evident. Shows some evidence of|
|planning, although irrelevant/unrelated material or arguments are|
|Poor Failure||<40||Fails to answer the assignment question or to develop an|
|argument that relates to the question set. Does not engage with|
|the relevant literature or demonstrate acknowledge of the key|
|issues. Contains clear conceptual or factual errors or|
Please acknowledge all references and sources that you use in your work. This is not just good manners but also academic honesty.