Major challenges associated with HR planning
End of Session 1 Examination – 10 June 2020
UNIT: MNG10714 – The HRM Expert Practitioner
SUBMISSION TIME: 4 hours (2 to 6 pm). Only one attempt is permitted.
PERMITTED MATERIALS: This is an OPEN BOOK exam where the use of study resources such as textbooks and tutorial materials are permitted.
You are required to answer FOUR out of five questions. Each question is worth 10 marks (Total: 40 marks). You are expected to demonstrate your knowledge of the theory and its application in your responses. Each question requires a minimum 250-word response (maximum 300-word). Use 1.5 line spacing, Font: Arial or Times New Roman. You must complete your exam on this Exam Questions document in the spaces provided under each question. You can expand the space under each question.
When complete, upload your Exam document to Assessment Tasks and Submission on the unit MySCU learning site.
WE WILL HELP YOU ATTEMPT THIS EXAM. CLICK HERE TO START
You are NOT to travel to campus to undertake the exam. You are expected to take the exam from home using your own wifi and equipment. Please note that NO PENALTY for late submission will be applied if you have a “technical issue” when submitting your exam paper.
ACTION REQUIRED IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOAD OR UPLOAD ISSUES.
If you experience delays in uploading your completed exam document, you are required to email a copy to your Unit Assessor. However, you will need to complete a successful upload before your exam can be accepted for marking.
Please ensure that you record your full name and student ID in the spaces provided below.
All questions to be answered in your own words. Your completed Word document is submitted through Turnitin, hence academic standards and originality are mandatory.
- Explain what you understand by HR planning and discuss 2-3 of the challenges associated with HR planning. How might a proactive HR practitioner deal with these challenges? Provide examples to illustrate your answer.
- Job analysis has long been a fundamental HRM activity but, at present, not many senior managers (or even some HR professionals) perceive it as important. Discuss the pro’s and con’s (give at least 2 of each) of undertaking regular job analysis activities. Provide example(s) to support your points.
- Discuss the three learning styles (visual, auditory and kinaesthetic). Provide example(s) of each learning style. Explain the practical implications of this theory to the design of a L&D strategy for an HR practitioner.
- Explain what you understand as the role of trade unions today and discuss 2-3 of the challenges facing trade unions. How do they impact the practice of HR in an organisation? Support your answer with examples.
- Discuss the importance of diversity management. In your answer, discuss at least two challenges/risks of not managing diversity well in organisations, and provide advice as to how HR can deal strategically with these risks.