New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 6)
- Ensure your name, student ID, course and paper titles, the date of submission, and your tutor’s name are entered on the submission cover page.
- “APA” 6th edition referencing and citation must be used.
- Instances of academic dishonesty (e.g. plagiarism) will not be tolerated and will be subject to disciplinary action.
- By the due date, a soft copy of your assignment must be submitted on Turnitin and a hard copy must be submitted using the assessment drop box.
- An appropriate standard of English is expected. Language errors that impede communication will result in lower marks.
- Your assignment should be typed and labelled with question numbers. Staple/bind, and put your name and ID on each page in footer.
- Select and research a New Zealand business with communication related issues/challenges. The business must be an existing and registered business that currently operates in New Zealand. Attach the case study/scenario in the appendix of the report. Your lecturer must approve your selected organisation and issues.
- You must write between 2,800 to 3,000 words (excluding the cover page and references) to ensure a sufficient discussion of each part.
- Identify TWO (2) communication related issues/challenges that your New Zealand business has faced or is facing. The issues must be real and factual.
Note: The report must provide an accurate representation of the business. This must also be written in such a way that a reader with no prior knowledge of the business would understand the topics covered.
A copy of your report must also be submitted in Turnitin.
PART A: Introducing the Business and its Communication Strategy (LO1: 5 + 10 + 15= 30 Marks
Business Introduction (5 marks)
Research and outline the nature and characteristics of the New Zealand business you have chosen.
In the introduction, present:
- the name, size and scale of the business (1 mark)
- the products and services provided (3 marks)
- areas and/or countries served (1 mark)
- Communication Methods/Approaches (2 Methods/Approaches*5 marks=10 marks)
Evaluate TWO (2) communication methods/approaches the New Zealand business uses to relate to its stakeholders. Where possible attach examples or screen shots of the communication methods used by the business you have chosen.
- Competitive profile (5 Analysis*3 marks=15 marks) Analyse the following:
- The Business’s main direct competitors in NZ
- Substitute/directly competing products
- The Relative size of competitors (market share/size)
- Intensity of competition
- Significant trends affecting profitability
PART B: Analysing Communication Issues/Challenges (LO5) (20 Marks)
Analyse TWO (2) communication issues or challenges faced by the New Zealand business.
Analyse the two communication issues in terms of:
- The cause and development of the TWO (2) issues/challenges (what and how it happened)
- The impact of the issues on the business’s performance
- Impact of issues on stakeholders
(2 issues/challenges*10 marks=20 marks)
PART C: Applying Problem Solving Skills (LO6) (40 Marks)
- i) The Response plan (15 marks)
Develop a response plan to show how you would respond to the two issues/challenges in your selected organization. Apply one of the following models to each issue/challenge from the models given below:
- The Six Step Problem solving model
- Problem solving/Decision making model
- Five steps for Business Problem solving
- Five Steps to Conflict Resolution
- Implementation plan (5 marks)
Explain how the implementation of the plan will improve the business efficiency or effectiveness.
iii) Communication methods/approaches to address issues (20 marks)
Discuss how you would communicate the TWO (2) issues to the most crucial stakeholders.
You need to:
- Identify and justify the stakeholders you have selected. (2 marks*2 issues=4 marks)
- Develop the most appropriate methods of communication to relate to stakeholders. (2 marks*2 issues=4 marks)
- Justify the appropriateness of the communication techniques with evidence for each of the business issues/ challenges. (All evidence must be attached in the appendix) (6 marks*2 issues=12 marks)
Part D: References
You must cite ALL sources used in writing this assessment. Only genuine primary or secondary academic sources are allowed to be used as references. Blogs, Wikipedia, or other similar non-peer reviewed materials will not be considered or given marks. Use APA citation format (6th edition) when citing sources or references.
New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 6)
Include a list of books, journal articles, web sites, and other communications used in your investigation or cited in your report in alphabetical order.
Ensure that ALL sources used in your research are cited in your research assignment. Use APA 6th edition format in your references. Links, URLs, incorrect, and incomplete citations would not be considered and must be redone. You must use at least FIVE (5) academic sources.
If your paper severely lacks citation, it is considered a major plagiarism offence.
- Sections that lack citations from genuine sources may receive ZERO marks. (If the section does not require citation or is opinion-based, this may not apply).
- Sections copied (whether it has been paraphrased) from other students (enrolled within or outside of Aspire2 International) will receive zero marks.