Organisational Change Management
Change Management 643:
Paper 1 instructions: Compare, contrast, and offer conclusion/analysis of change models
In this paper you will use information from the on-line PowerPoints in Weeks 1 & 2 plus the course material assigned in those weeks. In addition you will access the various change management models provided to you in the instructions below:
TO BEGIN: Cover page with course name, your name, Assignment Number, Professor’s name, Date. Table of Contents.
- ABSTRACT: In no more than 150 words state what this paper is about, why it is important, how the research was done, and a key finding.
- INTRODUCTION: (450words): State why identifying and leading change is important today. Explain that you are comparing and contrasting eight key elements of six major change management models to determine their utility in managing organizational change. Summarize what each model is with NO MORE than one-paragraph (5 lines) defining each in bullet form. The six models are:
- Kotter’s 8-steps
- Bridges’ Transition model
- McKinsey 7S model
- Lewin’s 3-step model
- Nadler-Teshman Congruence model, and
- Prosci ADKAR model.
- RESEARCH FINDINGS:
- Use your own best judgement to rate in the table provided how well each of the 6 key change models incorporate the 8 most important factors of change. You will come to your conclusion based on your research into the 6 models. There is no wrong/right answer. This is an exercise in your ability to understand terms, apply critical thinking and to defend that thinking
- You present your research by first offering a very short and clear explanation of each change model and then a very brief explanation of why each of the 8 change factors is important in the field of change management. This now allows you to present the table (example below) with your ratings of the different models.
WE ARE HAPPY TO SERVE YOU
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER
|Table 1. Comparison/contrast major change management models: Presence of 8 key change management needs in each model (1=low, 2=medium, 3=high)|
|2-way ongoing communication||Clear purpose||Need for urgency||Employee emotions considered||Build on culture||Link to internal e-e-scan||Interconnectivity of issues||Quick wins||TOTAL|
|McKinsey 7S model|
|Lewin’s 3-step model|
|Prosci ADKAR model|
Organisational Change Management
ANALYSIS: This is where you provide your analysis of the numbers found in the table.
Which column heading has the highest total on the bottom line? This answer is what you have concluded is/are the most common factors found within the 7 major change management models. Why do you think that is? If you rated them all the same then you must explain why.
Which row (each of the change models) has the highest total on the far right? Which change management model has the highest total according to your assessment? Why did you come to that conclusion?
CONCLUSION & RECOMMENDATION: Which of the change management models or a combination thereof is in your view the BEST approach for organizations to use in aligning the need for internal change with a changing external or internal environment? What can make a difference in what you recommend? Times New Roman, font size 12, 2.5 cm, margins 2.5 cm each side, line spacing 1.5. Total 4 pages NOT INCLUDING COVER PAGE, TABLE OF CONTENTS, REFERENCES PAGE.
15% of grade:
Turnitin: Please post your paper in Turnitin.