Critically evaluate the following statement:
“At its best, performance management is a holistic set of processes. It brings together many
principles that enable good people management practice, including learning and development,
performance measurement and organisational development.” (CIPD, 2019).
Discuss relevant concepts and theory behind the statement. In your essay, you should cover themes
and readings from this module on HRM, along with additional sources that you have researched
• Evidence of wide reading and use of learning resources
• The clarity of your understanding of relevant concepts
• Critical thinking and judgement
• Coherence in the discussion you develop
• The quality of the organisation and structure of your argument
• Effective use of language (clarity of expression)
• The correct use of referencing (APA or Harvard style).
• The coursework should be word-processed and written in an appropriate academic style.
• The total word count (excluding references) must be in the range stated.
• You should base your work only on authoritative sources.
• You should include at least 10 different references.
• You should ensure that you have fully acknowledge the work of others by using in-text
citations (in the body of the text) and a full list of references at the end.
• The coursework will be processed with plagiarism detection software.
Armstrong, M. (2021). Performance management.
Gruman, J. A., & Saks, A. M. (2011). Performance management and employee engagement. Human resource management review, 21(2), 123-136
Aguinis, H. (2019). Performance management for dummies. John Wiley & Sons.
Moynihan, D. P., & Pandey, S. K. (2010). The big question for performance management: Why do managers use performance information?. Journal of public administration research and theory, 20(4), 849-866.
Buckingham, M., & Goodall, A. (2015). Reinventing performance management. Harvard Business Review, 93(4), 40-50.
Almatrooshi, B., Singh, S. K., & Farouk, S. (2016). Determinants of organizational performance: a proposed framework. International Journal of productivity and performance management, 65(6), 844-859.CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER