Research Theories, Methods and Practices
Complete the Multiple Choice Questions below with Exact Answers and The Statement Questions from 16-20 very descriptively and accurately without any unwanted script. This test is based on Research Theories, Methods and Practices, so be specific and relevant within this subject area.
1) One disadvantage of observation is that it is:
- a)Subjective (ans)
- b) Objective
- C) Affected by memory problems
- d) Likely to be valid
2) People involved in some research tend to behave differently because they realize that they are being observed. This is called…
- a)Hawthorne effect (ans)
- b) Experimental error
- c) Observer bias
- d) Experimental bias
3) Quantitative research is NOT associated with what technique?
- Focus groups (ans)
- b) Organizational reports
- c) Surveys
- d) Structured interviews
WHATSAPP THE EXPERT: +1 (573) 250-3202
4) What does the following describe?
Creating and developing data codes or categories representing themes revealed in the data collected and the relationships between these.
a) content analysis
b) quantitative data analysis
c) data display analysis
d) chi-squared test
5) Which one of these is NOT a reason for missing data?
a) The researcher ignored its presence on the data form
b) The respondent may have missed a question by mistake
c) The respondent did not know the answer
d) The data was not required from the respondent, perhaps because a skip generated by a filter question in a survey
6) Which one of these is NOT a way of measuring central tendency?
a) Regression analysis
b) measuring the value that occurs most frequently
c) measuring the value, often known as average/mean, that includes all data values in its calculation d) all these answers
7) If we want an average distance to the mean, we need to calculate ____________
a) Standard deviation
8) What is a ‘probing question’?
a) One that encourages the interviewee to say more about a topic
b) One that asks indirectly about people’s personal lives
c) One that asks about a deeply personal issue
d) One that asks about primary and secondary sources
9) What is content analysis
a) A qualitative research tool used to objectively and systematically measure the content of texts
b) A quantitative research tool used to gather information about the contents of hidden texts
c) A qualitative research tool used to gather more information after an interview
d) all the answers
10) Which ONE of the following statement is TRUE?
a) When you analyse qualitative data, you should refer to previous studies/literature
b) Qualitative data analysis is usually unlikely to be biased
c) Qualitative data analysis is highly reliable
d) Qualitative data analysis includes bar charts and histograms
11) Participant observation is where “the researcher attempts to participate fully in the lives and activities of subjects and thus becomes a member of their group, organisation or community”.
12) If you are unfamiliar with the topic of your research, what research method would be appropriate to choose?
a) Focus Group
d) Any research method would be fine
13) The mean is….
a) A summary of the data estimated by adding all the numbers, and dividing by the number of the data
b) A summary of the data in terms of the most common value of the data
c) A summary of the data that is always halfway between the maximum and minimum value of the data d) none of these answers
14) The advantages of participant observation research include:
a) respondents’ perspective
b) initial hypothesis
c) small scale one to one interviewing
d) all of these answers
15) Which ONE of the following has nothing to do with analysing interviews?
a) creating charts and diagrams
b) identifying common themes
c) checking the consent form
d) classification into categories
16) In one sentence only, define exploratory research in your own words (25 words)
17) In one sentence only, define descriptive research in your own words (25 words)
18) In one sentence only, define analytical/ explanatory research in your own words (25 words)
19) In one sentence only, define analytical descriptive in your own words (25 words)
20) In the space below, define secondary source
(This question be accurate with your answer and use any famous academic source to evidence your answer, 100 words)