The Confucian Theory of International Politics
You only need to choose one from these options below to create into one big essay.
Prompts for Midterm Exam
•Identify and explain five core concepts related to Confucianism
•Explain the what, why, where, and how of proper order
•Explain the Confucian theory of international politics
Answer one question and make it into 6 pages.
All citations must be based from the book.
There are three prompts for the midterm exam, and three prompts for the final exam. In each exam, you will choose ONE prompt to respond to. You will need to cite both the lectures and course readings in your papers.
5.1 Prompts for Midterm Exam
• Identify and explain five core concepts related to Confucianism
• Explain the what, why, where, and how of proper order
• Explain the Confucian theory of international politics
Besides the six prompts you see in the syllabus (three for the midterm, and three for the final), Professor Magagna has announced three additional prompts that you can choose from:
 Explain the significance of ritual in Confucianism
 Explain the role of the gentry in east Asia
 Explain the concepts of the ecological family and human nature
For each exam, please answer one question in 6–7 pages. Please include the title of the prompt you are responding to. The bibliography page does not count toward your page count. If you use extensive amount of footnotes, then you should write more than 7 pages. The bottom line is that you need to demonstrate a keen understanding of the course materials. Playing with format in order to write less will decrease the probability that you can demonstrate your understanding of
Please do not include pictures, charts, or tables in your essay. Please do not copy/paste lecture notes into the text of your response. Please do not simply paraphrase the lecture notes or the
book. You will need to cite both the lectures and assigned course readings in your papers. Do no
use outside sources beyond the lectures and assigned course readings. You must demonstrate
a keen understanding of the course materials to receive a grade of A (94%) or higher.1
Format. Use standard formatting (points will be deducted otherwise):
• Double spacing,
• Please use 12pt Times New Roman or Helvetica. Monospaced typeface such as Courier is
• 1-inch margins,
• No more than 1 inch of space dedicated to title and header (you only need to include title
of the prompt that you are responding to in the title/header),
• No extraneous space between paragraphs or headers.
Citation. Cite lecture and readings where appropriate (points will be deducted otherwise):
• Include a bibliography page at the end of your paper,
• Include in-text citations throughout the paper,2
• You may use any standard citation style, (MLA, APA, Chicago, etc.),
• Please do not use outside sources
• Extensive amount of footnotes is not encouraged,3
• Please do not copy/paste lecture notes into the text of your response. Please do not simply
paraphrase the lecture notes or the book.
• Plagiarism will not be tolerated.
or if still can’t you can search as : Xinzhong Yao. 2000. An Introduction to Confucianism. Cambridge University Press. pdf