Tips for solving problems with an organization
Essentially you should fulfill each one of the following criteria while using the instructions listed below.
- Describes an organizational communication problem and how it might negatively impact an organization.
- Explains a decision-making model in comparison to another decision-making model
- Describes a solution or solutions to an organizational communication problem using a decision-making model and assesses the difficulty of implementing suggested solutions.
- Justifies how recommended solutions address a communication problem and how they could provide value to the organization.
- Writing conveys the intended content, is consistently clear and well-organized, and follows APA rules for attributing sources.
Complete the following:
- Choose an organizational communication problem you have experienced in your workplace or other organization with which you are involved. Examples of organizational communication problems are as follows:
- The leaders of an organization know they have to downsize (that is, fire) a large number of employees but do not effectively communicate the situation.
- Policies at a company are not followed in different departments or at different locations because the policies are not communicated well by a central office.
- Employees with inappropriate skill sets are hired because individuals familiar with the requirements do not communicate with the individuals hiring for the position.
- Two leaders within an organization provide different directions on how employees should conduct their work.
CLICK HERE TO ORDER
- Use any of the suggested materials listed in the Resources or search for other resources from the Capella library to examine decision-making models, and select one to apply to the organizational communication problem you have chosen.
- Write a recommendation paper in which you address the following:
- Describe the organizational communication problem and how it might negatively impact an organization.
- Explain the decision-making model you chose that applies to the problem and indicate why you chose it by comparing it to another decision-making model.
- Describe recommended solutions to the organizational communication problem using the chosen decision-making model, and assesses the difficulty of implementing your suggested solutions.
- Justify how your recommended solutions address the communication problem and how they would provide value to the organization.
The following optional resources are provided to support you in completing the assessment or to provide a helpful context. For additional resources, refer to the Research Resources and Supplemental Resources in the left navigation menu of your cours
- Hindle, T. (2008). Guide to management ideas and gurus. London, GBR: Profile Books/The Economist.
- This e-book addresses a broad range of management topics, including key issues addressed in this course. It is a helpful resource to refer to throughout the course.
- Hodgkinson, G. P., &a